Paperwork Plans: What to Bring When Filing Your Taxes

Information associated with tax time like 1040ez form, ssn, and money

No one likes doing taxes, but it’s a necessary evil. If you want to get your taxes done as quickly and efficiently as possible, it’s important to be prepared. In this blog post, we’ll give you a rundown of what paperwork you need to bring when filing your taxes.

What paperwork you need to bring when filing your taxes

No one likes doing their taxes, but it’s a necessary evil. At least, it is if you want to stay on the good side of the IRS. But what paperwork should you bring when filing your taxes? The answer depends on your tax situation. If you’re an employee with a W-2 form, then you’ll need to bring that form along with any other forms related to income, deductions and credits. For self-employed individuals or those with rental income, things get a little more complicated and you’ll need to provide more documentation.

The different types of tax forms

Different types of tax forms can be confusing, but knowing which one to use is critical come tax season. The three main types of IRS tax forms are the W-2, 1040 and 1099. Your employer will send you a W-2 form, which reports your annual wages and withholding taxes. You’ll use the information from your W-2 form to fill out your 1040 form, which is an individual income tax return.

How to fill out a 1040 form

When you’re ready to file your taxes, there are a few key pieces of paperwork that you’ll need in order to complete the process. First and foremost, you’ll need a completed 1040 form. This is the standard tax form that most individuals use when filing their taxes. In addition to the 1040 form, you’ll also need to bring any supporting documentation that may be necessary. This could include things like W-2 forms from your employer or 1099 forms if you’re self-employed.

Deductions and credits that can help lower your tax bill

When you file your taxes, you’ll want to make sure to bring all the necessary paperwork with you. This can include things like W-2 forms from your employer, 1099 forms for any freelance work, and receipts for any deductions or credits you plan on claiming. If you’re not sure what deductions or credits you can claim, don’t worry! There are plenty of resources available that can help guide you in the right direction. And if worst comes to worst, your tax preparer will be able to help sort everything out for you. That’s where we come in! We help you find your deductions and tax credits.


Need further clarification or help filing those taxes? Talk to Greenblatt today!